Friday, May 27, 2011

New Design - A Timeline

A friend liked the cell phone case I tooled for my smartphone and wanted to see it, but I did not like the design too much - so I decided to come up with my own design.  It took a few doodles before it took shape in my mind and on paper and on the right hand you can see the final design on paper with the tracing film and leather with swivel knife cuts on the left.

As soon as I took the first photo, I decided to use the timestamp on the digital camera to record how long this little project took me to complete.  So to reach the stage above and below, probably about 45 minutes.

39 minutes later and I had the basic beveling done, as seen below.  (Total 84 minutes)

34 more minutes got the extra few decorative stamps and the backgrounding done.  (Total 118 minutes)

Another 30 minutes (without drying time) was used to apply Eco Flo Highliter and spray with Supersheen.  (Total 148 minutes = 2 hours 28 minutes)


email me if you want a copy of the pattern : leatherworker at gmail.com

No comments: