Thursday, February 10, 2011

Imperial Lace

Imperial Lace comes in four colors - these three and then white.  I carried a piece of edge braid for four months in my pocket with my keys and the white lace remained pretty clean.  What little dirt there was, wiped off with a wet cloth!

One of the first items I made with the Imperial lace was a dog leash - the contrast with the white is amazing!

Here is a Mexican round braid using three different colors:

One of the very best uses of Imperial lace is around the edges of projects with a double loop braid.  the lace lies nice and wide and covers the edges very well.

Some detail:

(The cross on this check book cover was embossed with a very thin leather plug at the back.)

Here is a bit of fun close up of the tooling:   (The stamps used were two hand made tools - made by Jason R)

3 comments:

Greg said...

Very cool! I'm just starting to want to learn braiding: What book(s) would you recommend?

Johan said...

I like Gail Hought's books. You can get them from her website:
http://www.hought.com/

Unknown said...

bruce grant: encyclopedia of leather and rawhide braiding