Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Rob Barr

Two weeks after I arrived in the USA, I attended the IFOLG show in Ft Worth.  My sons were only 4 and 6 years old and asked where I was going.  I told them and also metioned that I would meet real Cowboys and Indians. One of the asked me if I would be able to play with them!   I had to explain more - these were going to be real people just like us.

At the show I met Rob Barr for the first time and told him the story - he had a very good laugh about it and immediately raked someone closer to take this photo of me holding his pony tail to prove to my sons that I had indeed met a real Indian.

Years later in Topeka at a similar show, my sons were lucky enough to meet Rob and we had a nice long visit.

Rob has since passed into the next life, but remains a source of inspiration in my leatherwork.

No comments: